Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shake what yo momma gave ya...



I had the best time tonight and the best part about it was I didn't even realize it was coming. Nieves (spanish surrogate mother), invited me to go to Carnaval in Cabezo de Torres, a pueblo about 10 minutes from where I live.

It was awesome! I cannot even describe the costumes these people had. I am just going to go ahead and say it, this espactaculo left Halloween oozing pumpkin blood, in other words, it destroyed Halloween. The costumes were so artistic. It was everything I had ever imagined when I thought of Carnaval. I spent the three hours of the parade (yes...you heard me...that was THREE HOURS) alternating between smiles and barrel-rolling laughter. I am pretty sure everybody thought I was a little insane because I had the biggest smile on my face. The environment was just full of life and fun. Everyone was dancing, drinking, and listening to great music while a show played out in front of them. Here are some pics of awesomeness that is Carnaval...



I was barrel-rolling with these guys impersonating Lady Gaga...they were hysterically funny!

Yes...Hellboy is indeed smoking a cigarette:)


3 comments:

  1. Just another day in paradise! You are right, the costumes do beat our Halloween ones. Have fun in Cadiz, and keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I LOVE reading your blog!!! It sounds like you are having such a great time!! I am sooo HAPPY for you. Can't wait to see all of your pictures!!! HAve fun and make good choices. Love ya1!!!! Karen Miner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mrs. Miner...I can't wait to see you and show you:)

    ReplyDelete